What makes us different from the typical assisted living?
Typical Assisted Living
- Nurse on call after 5pm
- Medical Director contracted
- Not able to manage insulin dependent residents
- Staffing ratio—1:6
- Medication management by a licensed nurse 24 hours a day
- QMAP (qualified medication administration persons) who passed a state approved course to administer medications
- Scheduled lab services
- Oxygen management
- High levels of incontinence
- Daily housekeeping and laundry
- Staff certified by the Alzheimer’s Association
- Accepted by most Long Term Care Insurance
- State of the art technology allowing families to have the most up-to-date medical information on their loved one
- Nurse on site 24 hours a day
- Medical Director on staff
- Home Health
- Occupational Therapy, Speech and Physical Therapy
- Diabetic Management
- Oxygen management
- The highest staffing ratio in the area*
- Hospice Care
- Our residents readmit to hospitals is 0%
- Admissions 24/7
- Webcam, video chat and email accessible to residents, families and healthcare professionals through WiFi all around the facility
- Resident is accompanied by Dodge Park Rest Home staff when going out to the hospital to ensure their safety and their health issues are communicated properly
- Continuing coordination of care while in the hospital or in rehab
- Deficiency free surveys by the MA Department of Public Health
- Special Diets—In House Dietician Consultant
- EMR (electronic medical records)
- Weekly rounding by a geriatric Psychiatrist
- CATT-Specialized Activity Programming from 7am to 9:30pm with a 1:16 ratio
- Fall Detection Program
- Secured building using state of the art equipment and monitoring
- CCTV monitoring
Better than Assisted Living
All residents will have a thorough physical by our physician and both mental and physical assessments will be conducted by our Director of Health and Wellness. The Dodge Park Rest Home Assessment is designed by facility administrators that combining have more than 50 years of experience in the field caring for dementia and Alzheimer’s residents.
Why not skilled nursing?
Many healthcare professionals seek assistance from the skilled nursing facilities for their patients but here at Dodge Park Rest Home we believe we can manage these residents in our unique rest home setting and provide them with quality of life while living in a home like setting. The nurse on site 24 hours a day allows us to manage PRN medications as well as diabetic management. Our staff is trained to help with transfers and with our team of psychiatrists and psychologist, behavior management can be controlled here on site.
How does the environment play a role in memory care?
The design of the facility enhance the physical and mental well being of each resident. Intimate dining rooms and open style kitchens allow residents to enjoy the sights and smells of cooking. The visible sunroom from the dining room provides an outdoor feeling from the inside. The specialty designed accessories and uncluttered areas allow residents to feel a sense of calm in their home.
What we can do to help?
- We are able to do assessments 24 hours a day, seven days a week and admissions can be done in less than 24 hours
- We can manage psychotropic and PRN medications
- Provide them with support and education on the disease process
- Nurse around the clock and medical director on staff
- Dodge Park Rest Home is accepted by most Long Term Care insurance including policies than pertain to skilled nursing because we have a nurse on premises around the clock
Dodge Park Rest Home feels that there is nothing more important then making our residents feel they have a sense of purpose in our community. Our Life Care Team is trained in the “Dodge Park Rest Home Philosophy” to recreate an environment where staff seeks to understand the feelings and needs of residents that maximize each resident’s quality of life. If you tour our community you may find residents baking bread, painting benches for our outdoor areas or using our web cam to visit with a loved one who lives far away. Dodge Park Rest Home has taken a typical “activity calendar” and made it specialized for the residents that live in our community.
- Music therapy
- Timeless Memories: individualized art program for those with memory impairments by those certified through the Memories in the Making
- Alzheimer’s Association Art Program
- Pet Therapy: Residents care for the visiting dogs and monkey
- Family Involvement: weekly emails are sent to families with pictures of their loved one participating in activities. Our Facebook is updated weekly for our families and friends
- Beauty salon on site
- Monthly themes: experience life of other cultures
- Men’s and Women’s Club
- Regular outing for shows , restaurant, sport events, and community events
At Dodge Park we pride ourselves at being better than assisted living through provided a higher level of care. Schedule a tour today and discover the Dodge Park Difference.
*Does not include diapers or underwear